Subject: 50mhz cpu plug-in?
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: [email-masked] (lightwave)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 21:31 CDT

on 10-Aug-95 22:28:30, Mike McCool ([email-masked]) Emailed: 

> Anybody heard anything about such an animal?  At the local users's group
>  meeting last night, some fellow mentioned a 'replacement chip' or
> plug-in  type thing that goes in the cpu slot and turns your amiga into
> a 50mhz.   He didn't know WHICH amiga, and someone else said it wasn't
> 50mhz, but 60  or 100--but both agreed they'd heard it costs under 600
> bucks. 

This is the "Doubler" - a 50Mhz 68040 adapter for the A4000. Since it does
not have a local ram bus like the Warp Engine, it will show only a modest
30% increase in speed. It was benchmarked in Video Toaster User magazine a
month or so ago. Yup - only $599. Compared to the 300% increase of the Warp
Engine, it's not very cost-effective, but if $599 is all you can afford, I
guess every little bit helps.

   ----------------------------------------------------------------
  |      John Crookshank         |       [email-masked]             |
  |  MicroTech Solutions, Inc.   |  http://www.digiweb.com/~johnc/ |
  |----------------------------------------------------------------|
  |   Desktop video systems dealer - finger/www for more info.     |
   ----------------------------------------------------------------

--
[email-masked] (John Crookshank) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]